Monday, January 12, 2009

What a weekend!

Oh man was it a tuff weekend. Between working multiple jobs and going to school, I had my behind handed to me on a plate. But I made it! I just have to tweek my time and scheduling a little better so I will not burn out. Some of my family members and friends wonder why do I put myself through so much? They are concern that maybe I've taken on a bit more than I can handle. I won't lie and say that it doesn't bother me when I here such comments or questions like, 'Why are you working so hard? or 'It doesn't make any sense that someone is as busy as you are. What about the girls (my daugthers)? Have you seen them or talked to them?. I absolutely hate being critiqued, even if it's constructive. That's why I strive to do everything perfectly and even that is a flaw with in itself. I mean, how do you tell a perfectionist that no one is perfect? Despite of hearing some of these things from loved ones, no one is as hard on me than me. Go figure. While I was completely exhausted this weekend and as I thought about all the things that have been said to me, I thought to myself;
"For your dreams, goals, or aspirations no one will ever work harder than you. No one will work as half as hard as you. They will have excuses as to why they can't do or why they can't push, because after all it's your dream or goal. So don't get upset or angry when they don't understand your drive. Don't be dis-hearten when they seem as though they'll never give you the encouragement and support that your thirst for. They don't have your passion at heart. After all, it's your aspirations and desires that you're working towards. Continue to love them, but keep your eyes on you destination. The journey to your accomplishments is temporary, if you don't loose focus. Take no detours nor deviate from your plans. You have an appointment to keep. Look out for pot holes. Many folks want a nice and comfy life, but most won't do what it takes to get there. Those same folks will want to reap your benefits."

1 comment:

Afrolady said...

I just wanted to encourage you on working hard on all your goals. You are truly a force to be reconned with!! One of the things I admire most about my children is how determined they are - funny that that same quality GETS ON MY NERVES!! LOL!!! But, they work hard on their goals(almost fanatic sometimes) and they don't easily give up. As their mother, I have learned as much from them as I have managed to teach them. So, be encouraged on your journey young one.

As you grow, you will master the art of patience more then you know or can understand right now. Make sure you are listening to your heart, spirit as well as your body. They are divine creations and they know what to do, just make sure you are checking in with them and letting them instruct you.

Don't be too hard on your family, they just don't want to see you burn yourself out. When I turned to a vegetarian lifestyle, my family members worried that I wouldn't get enough nutrients. They really got on my nerves becuase I felt like they thought I didn't know what I was doing. But I had to remember that they do love me and have my best interest at heart.

Trust me, I do understand more than you know.

Peace Young One!!