Friday, January 16, 2009

During tough times, You need family

Having a circle of people that really love you and care for you is so important nowadays. Times are hard and life can be down right depressing. You need those people that are family & friends that encourage you to hold on, hang tuff, and keep your faith in the Lord. I heard on the radio this morning that some 20,000 out of 100,000 people are suffering from depression to the point of a suicide attempt. Out of that 20,000, 11,000 actually succeed. My numbers maybe a little off, but the fact is that it's happening. What's even more astounding is that the suicide numbers are on the rise for young people (late teens into the twenties). So with that in mind, I said to myself that I would let my loved ones know that I do indeed love them. If there's anything that I'm able to do for them then I will. Even if it's just to lend an ear at 3am in the morning. I would do that. As for myself, I will keep looking to God and keep my faith in Him and build on it. Depression is a very serious condition and often times goes un-noticed. There's a lot of people suffering right in the workplace that come to work everyday and even offer up smiles and laughter. But deep inside they are hurting because they feel hopeless.
I have a lot to be thankful for and I know it. My life, because everyday the Lord sends I'm given a NEW opportunity to make it better. My children, I have 3 beautiful daughters. One who is 8yrs old today! That's my baby girl. She is the youngest. I truly love all of my children. My family, They don't see me often, but if they don't hear from me they turn into private investigators. I'm thankful of that. And my friends, dear friends. The ones that will send the message 'Hello! Can we hang out at some time in this century. We are friends, in case you didn't know.' Ah, yes friends. :-)

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

F.r.i.e.n.d.s group-Females with renewed incredible endurance, and never ending devotion & strength.
One sunday afternoon.

No comments: