Sunday, January 17, 2010

All moved in

Happy New Year!!

Ok, so it took me all the way to the 17th to say it. I'm all moved in to my new apartment. I wish I could hire someone to come unpack and decorate for free :) It's been 3 weeks or so since being laid off and I've had a few of my clients over to my home. I think this will work out while trying to finish school. As for school, I'm going day and night now to try to graduate early and go for my license.
 My hair still looks great, but my scalp took a sort of beating due to me being outside in the cold moving and such. It's just so dry. What I did notice was that my scalp was not white. Yea!!! Dry, but not white. I think my scalp is finally coming around to not being slathered with petroleum or mineral oil. I did a oil treatment sort of. I shampooed my hair like normal then I used Anti-Itch Scalp Oil by Organic Root Stimulator concentrating on my scalp. Left it there for a few minutes while I finished my shower then rinsed followed by a vinegar rinse. It was very soothing, however I don't think I'll use it every time as it soften my hair. Thankfully none of my locs came undone. My hair has grown alot and it's amazing. My locs are still a little fuzzy, but I charge that to my hair type and I'm ok with it. I haven't been doing alot to my hair lately, just free stylin'. It's been 13 months and I'm still totally in love with my locs!
Well I'm off to catch up on everyone. Bye for now.


The puff, I love this style!



Opps! caught a glimpse of the dryer in my kitchen salon.
Awwl..look at my little baby. Yep, that's one of the ones I chopped off about a year ago. Hasn't it grown nicely?



The locs on the bottom are starting to seal and become round on the ends. The top and crown of my head, not so much.



"Wow, you are going to have alot of locs!" Told to me by an amazed spectator.

5 comments:

A Sista Who Locked said...

Wow! Your hair looks great! You have a lot of hair and that's just going to make it even better as they get older.

Bajan Lily said...

Congratulations on the move and wow re: the locks, they look so thick!

msfullroller said...

Good to see ya and to know the move went well.
Girl, them locs are on FIYAH! lol

Naturally Sophia said...

Very cute! As my locks are maturing, I am losing some puff! Rock it as long as you like cuz it looks good on you!

Kicukalah said...

Thanks everyone. These babies are something else. I tell you at times the reti schedule can be a bit overwhelming. I wished a few of you guys lived next door! That would be awesome for me, not so much for you guys, huh. Lol